I was quite excited about today's outfit. I am a little deflated about the tights. They are a lovely dove gray but they look nearly white (nurse like) which was definitely not the effect I was going for. So although my happiness factor is pretty high it's not as high as it could be. Suggestions on colored hose are appreciated :-)
Archive: March, 2013
WIW: Art deco dress
WIW for an evening of live music
I completely enjoyed myself listening to new and independent artists. I also unexpectedly ran into a friend of mine from college. So I decided that I my new favorite combo (mint and gray) would be the best way to celebrate the evening.
Angie's idea to wear the Sam Edelman's were genius! I also decided to carry my navy clutch. Tell me what you think!
I forgot my make up!
So today the picture stops at my smile. I was in such a hurry this morning I completely forgot that I was not wearing make up. I'm not feeling so very confident today so you'll forgive my bashfulness. The happiness factor with this outfit was definitely high.
I'm still waiting for spring though there's well over 6 inches of snow on the ground hence the colors.
two t-shirts and a suit
Today was a snow day, but I did not get to stay home. So in celebration of the spring-like weather I hope to soon enjoy, I wore a Tiffany blue t-shirt over a white tank and a suit. I think the happy color helped me focus on the positive like the beauty of a winter landscape. The snow was heavy and thick so it stuck to tree branches (sigh).
Waiting for spring
Good morning YLF. I spent part of last night trying to figure out other ways to style this skirt. I'm not unhappy with this result and there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just done with the sloppy cold weather and the heavy color palettes of winter. I was under the weather for most of the weekend (so was DH) and that might have contributed to my lack of creativity with today's color palette. Styling suggestions are appreciated.
Shopping my closet with the help of a tailor!
This post will serve as my PSA for finding and using a good tailor if you do not sew yourself. I took 10 pieces to the tailor last Saturday and as promised I have taken pictures and styled them (not as best as I could but as fast as I could). I did not take the time to press them out correctly so you’ll have to excuse the wrinkles and my mid-day shine ;-) Here’s the list of things that were altered.
• Art Deco Dorothy Perkins Dress: I had the bodice raised and the hips taken in
• Kasper skirt suit in deep red: Jacket – armholes and sleeves shortened. Skirt - taken in at the hips. ( I have never worn this suit before I bought it because I loved the color and it fit at the bust)
• Tahari pantsuit in pewter: Jacket – armholes and sleeves shortened. Pant - taken in at the hips.
• Blue skirt from Kasper suit – again the hips were taken in.
• BR Navy all season wool trousers (Paired with tweed jacket) – I had the hem repaired and lengthened on these
• Chocolate Rena Rowan linen trousers – I had these taken in at the hips and tapered
• Gray-Green BR trench jacket – I had a rip under the arm repaired – it’s wrinkly but I hope you can see why this jacket was loved to pieces -- literally ☺
• Black side-zip trousers – I had these tapered. I chose NOT to lengthen them even though they are scaled for a petite (I bought the suit for the jacket, not the pants). The lovely ruffled scarf around my neck was courtesy of Adelfa. These are our happy colors and boy am I happy in this suit. I finally get to wear the whole thing together because the trousers fit! I’ll definitely be wearing this ensemble this week.
Tell me what you think (be honest)!
Go to the full post to see all of the pictures →
New Mint Sweater
I am definitely on team wear because I got this in the mail last night and I figured out an outfit for it this morning. I love shades of red with green so I decided to see if my red obi belt from Asos would work with this. I believe I also did a post last month on the fact that my new favorite color combo is mint and gray. I threw in the SE python booties for good measure and this is what I came up with.
The happiness factor with this outfit is pretty high. I was just not able to enjoy it all that much because of the smack down I had with the dustbunnies inhabiting my cube at my externship. Deb suggested that I show those dustbunnies whose boss. Well I did, and it was a draw. I have been in an allergic fog ever since but my cube is a calmer happier place to work. So If I don't look as sparkly as usual it's because I'm still recovering from the clean up.
Let me know what you think. Styling suggestions are also welcomed.